Friday, March 13, 2015

THE YOUNG EXPLORERS AND THE OLD GUN SHOOTER

So there was a young explorers meeting the other day that my JROTC commander made me go to and I actually learned some things. The young explorers, if you didn't already know, is a group of kids that the sheriff's department teaches cop things, and not just any cop things, but police cop things. That literally made no grammatical sense what I just said there but anyways, at this meeting they talked about how designing places differently makes them less vulnerable to crime and that safety starts at home. Although I do have to say that unless a bunch of homes are in on that it doesn't work but you know thats just wannabee-planner talk. We sat at this really big wood table that looks like someone carved it out of a redwood tree. To the right of me sat a kid with a large bottle of mountain dew whose name I don't know and whose mom sat behind me the whole time. I sat in a spinny chair that was really big and it felt very empowering, you never know how empowering a chair could be until you sit in it #IVEGOTTHEPOWER . I was given two bicycle reflectors and a bunch of paperwork, figures

 


No comments:

Post a Comment