Saturday, January 10, 2015

SCREW SANTA AN ASTRONAUT IS COMING TO TOWN!

THIS IS GREAT! OK I was at the special events committee at city hall, and each year we have a chautauqua thing, which basically brings intellectuals from across the region together for lectures, art galleries, wine tastings (I don't paticipate in that part no worries but I look forward to it) and basically everything the town doesn't usually have! So this dude named Chris Mitchell who works with the Florida Chautauqua met me the day after the meeting in the city managers office and we had a lengthy conservation about city design and new urbanism, but then I told him that I'm part of the Walton High School ROTC and he just stopped me right there. He said that there was an astronaut named Fred something coming to speak and he needed ROTC cadets to line the halls at the Chautauqua hall of brotherhood (Pictured above) to salute this guy as he walks in. I immediatley got this guys number, I was excited, nothing EVER happens in this town and now a freaking astronaut was coming! The next day at school I went to Colonel Gardener (My ROTC teacher), shoved a issue of the VISIT DEFUNIAK SRINGS paper with this astronaut on the cover in his face and gave him Chris Mitchell's number. I am going to ask him to call this guy everyday until he does because I AM NOT MISSING OUT ON AN OPPURTUNITY TO SEE THE GUY FROM APOLLO 13 WHO ALMOST DIED IN THE VOID OF SPACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment